Redundancy Appeal Letter Template
- A letter template that you can send to your employer where you have been notified that you are going to be made redundant, and you wish to appeal against the decision.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check and a guided walkthrough with a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
Valla are excellent
What our customers say:
How a Redundancy Appeal letter can help you get your job back
You may have become redundant due to an unfair redundancy process. If this has happened to you, you might have been unfairly dismissed.
Use our Redundancy Appeal letter template to easily set out your appeal to your employer. This letter can lay the ground for a potential future Employment Tribunal claim.
Examples of when writing a Redundancy Appeal letter is useful
There are many situations where employees have been made redundant and needed to appeal the decision. Here are a few examples that may apply to you:
Gabe has been notified that he is going to be made redundant.
However, there has not been a reduction in the need for the role and this is not a genuine redundancy situation.
Gabe therefore sends a Redundancy Appeal letter to his employer.
Alina has been singled out for redundancy and dismissed because the company was not happy with her performance.
She believes that the company had predetermined that they wanted her to leave prior to the redundancy process.
Alina therefore sends a Redundancy Appeal letter to her employer.
How to get your employer to reconsider their decision with our Redundancy Appeal letter template
- send the Redundancy Appeal letter to your employer
- wait for your employer to come back to you
- take a note of any deadlines in your employer’s redundancy procedure (if this exists)
- diarise to chase your employer if they don’t come back to you on time.