Merits assessment of your potential case
Get an expert assessment of the strength and value of your potential case along with strategic guidance on next steps
- A legal professional reviews your grievance and evidence and identifies legal claims
- A document summarising the strength of your case with recommended next steps
- 1-hour call to talk through your claims and next steps / strategy
- A summary of what your case could win at Tribunal to help you gauge whether to proceed
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
Who it's for
People who have raised a grievance or started another internal process, have commenced ACAS early conciliation and are considering making a claim to an employment tribunal.
Already completed your ET1? Check out our coaching packages.
What you can expect
You’ll be assigned a Legal Coach from the Valla team who will do an expert legal review of your submitted documents. After your review you will have a 1 hour call with the coach to discuss the following:
- how likely your potential case is to succeed and what you could be awarded, based on the claims identified and the evidence that supports them
- suggestions for which claims to take forward to maximise your chances of success in the tribunal
- a discussion of settlement and what you might target as a settlement amount
- a strategy to increase the likelihood that your claims succeed
After your call, you can use this information to start filling out your ET1 and get your Tribunal claim started.
How it works
You’ll need to upload documents, such as a grievance letter, disciplinary letter, timeline of events, etc. These documents will serve as the foundation for your merits assessment. The more clarity and detail you provide, the more valuable and insightful your assessment will be.
- Submit Your Case: After submitting your case for review, the Valla team will promptly match you with a coach.
- Coach Introduction: Once you're matched, you'll receive an email introducing you to your coach.
- Case Review: Your coach will review your case, typically within 5 business days from your purchase.
- Merits Assessment Call: Once completed, your coach will reach out to you to schedule a Merits Assessment call.
- Claim Summary: After the call, you will receive a document summarizing the merits of your potential claim.
All prices are inclusive of VAT.
Coaching customers will also get a 20% flat discount on all peace of mind checks for documents including witness statements, applications to amend, and more. This discount applies even after the coaching is complete.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.