Application to Amend Claim Template
Amend your ET1 with ease. Our Application to Amend ET1 template helps you make changes to your original claim and gives you the best chance for approval.
- A letter template to apply to the Employment Tribunal to amend your ET1 claim form or Particulars of Claim/Paper Apart.
- Option to include a Peace of Mind check from a Valla coach to ensure your document is professional and taken seriously.
- Downloadable letter in .doc and .pdf formats.
The foundation for a successful Tribunal claim
Helping you translate what happened into legal claims
Ensuring your claim is taken seriously
Reviewed by a legal coach
Your document reviewed by legal expert giving you peace of mind that your Tribunal claim has the best chance of success.
How to use an Application to Amend Claim form to update your Tribunal claim
If you’ve already submitted your ET1 or Particulars of Claim - also called Paper Apart in Scotland - and need to change it at a later date, you’ll need to explain the reason for the change to an Employment Tribunal. The Tribunal won’t always allow amendments to be made. Use this application to amend ET1 template to give yourself the best chance for the Tribunal to accept your amendment.
Bear in mind that if you want to add a new claim, it may be better to do this by making a fresh claim, instead of making an application to amend. You can then ask for this to be consolidated with your original case.
How to apply to amend your ET1
Once you’ve filled out your template with Valla, it’s important to know the next steps in how to send your application to amend your claim form. You should:
- create the template in Valla
- attach a clean copy of the updated Particulars of Claim and a version with track changes on, so that the Tribunal can easily see the changes that you’ve made since the previous version
- send the application letter or email to the Tribunal
- copy in the Respondent
- wait for the Tribunal to confirm whether or not the application to amend will be granted
- chase the Tribunal by phone if you don’t hear from them
- don’t assume that the application has been granted until the Tribunal have confirmed this.
Legal services at Valla
While Valla isn’t a law firm, we offer many “un-reserved” legal services to help you run your Tribunal case. These legal services are delivered by hand-picked professionals with Tribunal experience and a variety of legal qualifications.
Some of our legal professionals are qualified solicitors and barristers, some are registered with CILEX, others have a law degree. All have extensive experience with the Tribunal and clients. Because we aren’t a regulated legal provider by the SRA, we hold our own professional indemnity insurance. You can read more on our terms of service.
What our customers say about us
Why use Valla?
A law firm can cost anywhere from an initial consultation fee of £200 to £35,000+ plus VAT for Tribunal representation.
Valla offers users low-cost alternatives to pricey law firms. We can help guide you through the process and generate legal documents for your use.
Lawyers can be expensive. But access to justice doesn’t have to be.