12. Valla Ltd holds professional indemnity insurance to protect our clients in case something goes wrong and our legal professionals are covered by this insurance. Full details of our insurance can be provided upon request. As we are not regulated by the SRA, we do not have to carry the same level of insurance as a regulated Law Firm (see https://www.sra.org.uk/solicitors/standards-regulations/indemnity-insurance-rules/#annex-1 for more details and amounts).
13. Any claim in relation to Valla's services shall solely be against Valla Ltd and not personally against any of our staff providing services to you. You will not be able to make a claim on the SRA Compensation Fund as this is not available to clients of firms not regulated by the SRA. The fund provides compensation to people who are owed money by a regulated law firm.
14. Please let us know if you need more explanation of the above to understand the position.
15. Valla does not provide any legal, tax, financial or any other advice on our website. If seeking legal or other professional advice, you should consult with your own lawyer or other relevant professional adviser.
16. This Website and any downloadable documents is a service that provides general legal information and helps individuals and their advisers to run their own legal case. We are not a law firm and our employees are not acting as your lawyer. The information contained in the Website should not be taken as legal advice to be applied to your specific factual situation. If you are unsure what steps to take to deal with your legal issue, or are unsure about the specific drafting of a legal document, you should take legal advice from a qualified and regulated solicitor. Using this Website does not create or constitute a lawyer-client relationship between Valla or any employee of or other person associated with Valla and a user of the Website.
17. Valla does not provide any guarantee, warranty, indemnity, representation or otherwise take any responsibility for any losses related to your use of the Website or any linked sites.
18. Valla does not endorse any content provided by any linked sites or any advertising on the Website.
19. The Website is aimed at users within the UK and is therefore not applicable to jurisdictions outside of the UK.
21. You may, for your own personal, non-commercial use only, do the following
22. You must not otherwise reproduce, modify, copy, distribute or use for commercial purposes any Content without the written permission of Valla Ltd.
23. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any Content you may submit via the Website, including the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of any such Content. You may not upload to, distribute or otherwise publish through the Website any Content that (i) is proprietary, false, fraudulent, libellous, defamatory, obscene, threatening, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, infringing on intellectual property rights, abusive, illegal or otherwise objectionable; (ii) may constitute or encourage a criminal offence, violate the rights of any party or otherwise give rise to liability or violate any law; or (iii) may contain software viruses, political campaigning, chain letters, mass mailings, or any form of "spam." You may not use a false email address or other identifying information, impersonate any person or entity or otherwise mislead as to the origin of any content. You may not upload commercial content onto the Website.
25. Both Valla Ltd and you understand that the other party has disclosed or may disclose business, technical, financial or other confidential, sensitive or proprietary information (Confidential Information). Confidential Information includes the information you upload to the Valla platform, including any documentation, and any other non-public information which, based on the circumstances under which it was disclosed, a reasonable person would believe to be confidential. Both of us agree:
26. Paragraph 25 will not apply with respect to any information that any of us can prove:
27. You may not use the Website for any of the following purposes:
28. You must ensure that the details provided by you on registration or at any time are correct and complete.
29. You must inform us immediately of any changes to the information that you provide when registering by updating your personal details to ensure we can communicate with you effectively.
32.When you register on this Website, you will be asked to create a password, which you should keep confidential and not disclose or share with anyone.
33.If we have reason to believe that there is or is likely to be any misuse of the Website or breach of security, we may require you to change your password or suspend your account.
34. This Website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Valla Ltd or that of our affiliates.
35. We assume no responsibility for the content of such Websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them.
36. The inclusion of a link to another site on this Website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
38. Any online facilities, tools, services or information that Valla Ltd makes available through the Website (the Service) is provided "as is" and on an "as available" basis. We give no warranty that the Service will be free of defects and/or faults. To the maximum extent permitted by the law, we provide no warranties (express or implied) of fitness for a particular purpose, accuracy of information, compatibility and satisfactory quality. Valla Ltd is under no obligation to update information on the Website.
39. Whilst Valla Ltd uses reasonable endeavours to ensure that the Website is secure and free of errors, viruses and other malware, we give no warranty or guaranty in that regard and all Users take responsibility for their own security, that of their personal details and their computers.
40. Valla Ltd accepts no liability for any disruption or non-availability of the Website.
43. We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of events beyond our reasonable control.
44. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Valla Ltd accepts no liability for any of the following:
50. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
51. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted according to the law of Scotland and all disputes arising under the Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
52. Valla Ltd is a company incorporated in Scotland with registered number SC658140 whose registered address is 6th Floor Gordon Chambers, 90 Mitchell Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G1 3NQ and it operates the Website https://valla.uk/.
53. You can contact Valla Ltd by email on [email protected]
54. You may terminate your Valla account at any time by requesting this via our inbuilt chat feature. We may suspend your Valla account or terminate the service if you violate any of these terms.
55. We want you to have a great experience when using Valla, so if you feel our service has not met the high standards which we set for ourselves, we want to hear from you so that we can put things right.
56. We hope that most matters can be resolved through contacting us via our inbuilt chat support, which will be monitored on a regular basis by members of the team.
57. However, if you need to make a complaint, we will try to find a solution as quickly as we can. Please email [email protected] with the subject line “Complaint” and set out your issue there. Please set out as much detail as you can about your complaint. We will respond with an acknowledgement as soon as we can (as soon as possible, and usually within a few days) and then a senior member of the company will review the complaint and will respond in due course, again as soon as possible.